Polynesian Bake Spam
Recipe: Polynesian Bake SpamDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup lemon juice
12-oz can SPAM, cut into 7 slices
1/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1/4 tsp pepper
1 fresh pineapple
- Heat oven to 350.
- In small bowl combine lemon juice, preserves, mustard and pepper; stir to blend.
- With sharp knife, halve the pineapple, cutting through foliage and fruit.
- Cut flesh away from skin; slice crosswise to yield 6 slices.
- Use remaining pineapple half in fresh fruit salad or serve fresh pineapple with other meals.
- Alternate pineapple, SPAM slices to form loaf; place in halved pineapple.
- Brush with apricot mixture.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through, brush with marinade every 15 minutes.
- Garnish with dried apricots, maraschino cherries or fluted mushrooms.