Recipe: Country Rice Spam SaladDifficulty: Medium
1/4 cup olive oil
10-oz pkg frozen peas, thawed & drained
9 green onions, sliced 1/4″
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 tsp paprika
3 1/2-oz pkg sliced pepperoni
1/2 tsp cumin
1 red pepper, cut into 1/4″ strips
2 cups rice
1 green pepper, cut into 1/4″ strips
2 (14 1/2-oz) cans chicken broth
12-oz can SPAM, cut into 2×1/4″ strips
- In 3-quart saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
- Add green onions; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
- Add paprika and cumin; stir to blend.
- Add rice, coating grains with oil.
- Add chicken stock; stir to combine.
- Cook over low heat until rice is tender and all liquid is absorbed (20 to 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in skillet cook SPAM over medium heat, turning occasionally, until SPAM is heated through (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add peas and chopped parsley to rice mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients or arrange ingredients on salad.
- Serve at room temperature.