Cantonese Sweet & Sour Spam
Recipe: Cantonese Sweet & Sour SpamDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 tbsp sugar
1 lg. carrot, sliced diagonally
3 tbsp catsup
6 green onions, sliced 1/4″
3 tbsp vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger
1 small cucumber, cut in chunks
1 tsp soy sauce
2/3 cups water
12-oz can SPAM, cubed 1/2″
1 tbsp cornstarch
8-oz can bamboo shoots, drained
- In a wok or large skillet, cook oil over medium heat.
- Add carrot, green onion, garlic and cucumber; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisply tender (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients except SPAM and bamboo shoots.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened (5 to 6 minutes).
- Add SPAM and bamboo shoots.
- Cook over medium heat until heated through (4 to 5 minutes).
- If desired, serve over rice.