Recipe: Reuben Spam SandwichesDifficulty: Easy
8-oz can sauerkraut
8 slices rye bread
1 cup grated swiss cheese
3 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup Russian dressing
12-oz can SPAM, cut into 8 slices
- Rinse sauerkraut; drain well.
- In small bowl combine sauerkraut, cheese and dressing; mix well.
- Spread each bread slice on one side with butter.
- Spread half of sauerkraut mixture on unbuttered side of 4 bread slices; top each with 2 slices SPAM.
- Cover with remaining sauerkraut mixture.
- Top with remaining rye bread, buttered-side up.
- Grill over medium heat in skillet or griddle until cheese melts and sandwiches are browned on both sides.
- Serve warm.