Double Cornbread Spam
Recipe: Double CornbreadDifficulty: Easy
1 can Spam
1 box (8 1/2 ounce) corn muffin mix
1 can (8 ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut SPAM into 8 slices, then diagonally into 16 triangles.
- Arrange 8 triangles, spoke or pinwheel fashion, in the bottom of a greased 9 inch round cake pan.
- Prepare corn bread mix as directed on the box, stir in corn and cheese.
- Pour into pan.
- Arrange remaining 8 triangles of SPAM on top of batter in spoke/pinwheel fashion.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees until corn bread is golden brown.
- Serve in wedges with or without syrup (depends if you are from northern Midwest or further south).
- Slice Spam into 3/8 inch thick slices and fry in butter until it begins to brown.
- Recipe courtesy of Faith Farmer. Thanks Faith!